Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Adventures in technique


The plan was to show you the finished damselfly mosaic, but it seems I didn’t take a picture of it!  I wasn’t able to get it framed before leaving for my son’s wedding in New Hampshire, so I guess I just considered it unfinished and didn’t photograph it.  That will have to be the next post.
This time I’ll show you the beginning of the next mosaic .
2012-06-06 15.10.09
As with all beginnings, it doesn’t look like much yet, but I have a secret plan.
After my son’s wedding Memorial Day weekend, my daughter who lives in London came back to Tennessee with us to stay for a week.  It was a wonderful week – the weather was lovely and we had such fun together – it had been a year and a half since we’d been together!  One of our excursions was to the Arboretum at Asheville, NC (or as my husband said, “the Arbitrary”).  The photos above are ones she took while we were there of the bumblebees swarming all over the threadleaf coreopsis.  The one on the far left was an especially good picture, so that’s the starting point. 
I am adjusting the composition a bit to consolidate the three pictures (although I intend to finish the bumblebee before sketching in the flowers), and I have high hopes for my plan to make the bumblebee wings look like gossamer – I’ll detail the process in future posts and you can decide for yourself if it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture