Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Slogging along…


SOOOOO bored with this background.  Ugh.  I love the way this type of background looks, but it is unbelievably dull to work on.  Besides, I have a new idea to try out and I won’t let myself start it until this is finished.
001
And boy howdy, am I tired of having thinset all over my fingers.  I don’t know why, but I make a much bigger mess with thinset than with Weldbond.  I’m using the thinset and a Wedi board substrate so that this can be hung outside in a protected location. 
Once this piece is done, I will be putting the finishing touches on my new book!  It will feature many of my mosaics, with a bit of the stories behind them and some in progress and detail shots.  Should be ready by the first of September, so keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture