Monday, October 8, 2012

That puca should have moved all that glass instead of pictures…..


I have a puca.  His name is not Harvey, nor is he a rabbit (as far as I know).  I can’t see him, but I know he’s there.  I believe he’s male because he has the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy. He messes with my computer when I’m not around.  Mostly with photos.  You see, they go missing, then they show up in strange folders, or maybe not at all. Then ages later, they end up back in the same place I first looked for them.
Most recently, he’s hidden all the photos (not so many, really) that I had taken of the studio I had in my home in New Hampshire.  I have just finished organizing my new home studio here in Tennessee, and thought it would be fun to take a look back at all the spaces I have infested with my art messes.
I suppose he just needed to be acknowledged, because – guess what?  Just found those photos in a random folder. 
So….. my first infestation:100_1809


…a corner of my bedroom in front of the windows with a sad little collection of glass and a couple of folding tables.


100_2123

Then into a spare bedroom after some of the kids left home.





100_2124

It gave me a little elbow room, and a little better selection of glass.




CL

My next space was at CrazyLake Art Gallery in the Creative Arts and Event Center.  It was quite large, with a huge old desk and lots of shelves. 


CL1
That nasty brown wall was the biggest drawback, but the building owner had discovered that that was the original color in this historic building, and there was no budging him about painting it.



001


Next was the studio space in Jonesborough Fine Art (the one I just vacated).  The glass was stored in a closet on the left.

007






And now here I am, stuffed into an extra bedroom at this house.  It’s tight, but it’s a good, comfortable space. 
oct2012
Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture