Sunday, February 17, 2013

I don’t have time for this.

2nddetail2_17

I’m getting rather cavalier about using my reference photo.  The colors are really not very much like the original, but I decided (subconsciously, I think) that the original photo had too much even color.  At the size I’m making it, it needs more variation or it won’t be very interesting. 

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

The photo is a detail shot – the total area is about twice what you see there, total size is 30” X 37”.  I’m going to try to finish this by April 1, although it’s not very likely.  My daughter will be here for a visit for most of March, and we will be spending a week or so travelling to Florida for a memorial service for my father-in-law. 

Meanwhile, I’m trying to organize what needs to be shifted in galleries, and trying to balance keeping fresh work in the galleries with having new pieces to enter into exhibits. 

This is too hard for me……

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture