Friday, June 14, 2013

Gah! There’s MORE?!?!

I was so content – I had accomplished a certain amount of organization and was inordinately pleased with myself.  I needed a way to store and organize bits of stained glass that had been cut from sheets.  I spent the morning searching for a storage system, and found a 39 drawer storage cabinet (to add to the 22 drawer cabinet I already had) and spent the afternoon filling it up, and gluing a small bit of the glass to the fronts of the drawers.
stained glass org
I have exactly 4 drawers to spare and those are all larger ones.  Not much room for expansion, but it’s a good start.
The sheets and larger leftover bits are (and have been all along) stored in plastic milk crates set on their sides.
For about 4 years I have been taking all those small bits and storing them in plastic cups, stacked in a small, antique wooden chocolate box on top of the milk crates.  The stacks had begun to look like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.
So while writing this blog post I thought “I should take a picture of the milk crates and the now empty wooden box”. 
stainedglassgah
And much to my dismay, I THEN noticed the brown plastic grocery sack by the wooden box.  Guess what’s in it?  GAH.

In case you wondered, that’s oregano drying in bundles hanging from that shelf.  I’m not very organized with herb storage either.
But I reached a good point in the current mosaic – so here’s the most recent picture:
june14
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture