Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Oh geez. Just shoot me.

Poire

After finishing this last piece, Poire et Vin Rouge, I was having some pretty severe pain in my hands. Although I started another piece, I ended up deciding to take a few weeks off to see if things improved. I did teach a class at the McKinney Center in Jonesborough in the meantime, but most of that time I spent concentrating on a new project that I will tell you more about soon.

What started off as a few weeks stretched into a few months, and as I got distracted with other things to fill my brain, the studio suffered. Oy … every time I went in there to get something, I rummaged around and didn’t put thingsoffice back where they belonged. I then turned my formal dining room (which we almost never used) into a library/office, requiring a fair amount of rearranging. When some file folders ended up scattered on the floor of the studio, there didn’t seem to be any point in taking care of it right away.

But you have to understand – THIS IS SOOO NOT ME!

I really hate visual clutter, period. I can’t stand having my kitchen counters cluttered up with appliances and stacks of random things waiting for a permanent home. I can’t stand clean laundry that hasn’t been folded and put away. And my studio? That’s where I feel most annoyed when things are scattered all over. So of course it got to the point where I didn’t even want to go in there.

I spent a weekend visiting my mother and my husband called and said “Did you do that to your studio or did the dog and cats get in there and wreck it?”

Ummm….

OK. Part of the problem is that I’m going to move my worktable and accoutrements to a different room and repurpose the studio. Which means not only cleaning it, but moving several hundred pounds of glass again. That’s just so overwhelming!

But yeah – here’s what I’m dealing with:

006 007
008 009

 

010

Ugh. Just shoot me.

 

1 comment:

  1. FANTASTICO! love the art, love the pic and settings. Try to visit here also http://www.themosaicstore.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture