Sunday, January 26, 2014

Flight of Fancy

I have just finished a tiny mosaic for the Johnson City Area Arts Council 12th Annual 4 X 4 Miniature Masterpiece event.
Gawd I hate working small!
Flight of fancy
Flight of Fancy© 2014 Lee Ann Petropoulos
glass and Carrara marble

Sooooo glad to be done with this. I get a headache just thinking about it.
I have to admit I’m glad to finally find a use for those glass leaves that I have had for about 6 years. They never seemed to fit into anything else.
There will be a reception for all the participating artists at the Arts Council Gallery on First Friday on March 7th, and at the Gala on March 23 at the Carnegie Hotel.
I very much wish I could link to more information for you, but the Arts Council has been underfunded and understaffed, so their website and Facebook page are a bit behind. If you’d like more information about the Gala (which will include a silent auction of other items as well: artwork, lessons, private performances, etc.) please call the Arts Council at 423-928-8229 or email jcarts@mounet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture