Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Next best thing to a warm sunny day

So here we go – decision made. (Actually, not really, but more on that in a minute …)
Bellafiore is back on the worktable.
feb26_14
I love this one. I don’t know what it is about it compared to others I’ve done, but this one will be hard to part with when the time comes.
Just finished the leaf in the lower left, although it will need a little tweak after everything is dry (so I can pop off a couple of tess without messing the whole thing up).
And the reason the decision on which to go to next is not really made?
I started the design process for the glass on glass piece. I usually don’t do a complete (or at least terribly detailed) drawing before beginning, but I think I will on this one. I have three tempered glass shelves that we saved from an office shelving unit when one of them broke. There are three different widths and I had intended to use only the widest of the three, but I’m really tempted to use them all and make a triptych. They are a very pale mint green with a slightly frosted side which will make for a nice neat look on the back. The one in the photo is the widest.

IMG_0304

I started a design board on Pinterest to collect images for inspiration. You can see them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture