Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Finnegan, begin again.

Started a new piece today – 3 white calla lilies. This one is 18” square, so it will be a nice, manageable size after the monster I just finished (which, by the way, I don’t have good photos of yet – soon).
IMG_0395
While planning this one last week, my thought was to create 3 stark white blossoms on a dark but intensely-colored background. Already I have run off the rails. I just couldn’t resist some dramatic shading for depth. I really don’t want a flat-looking calla, anyway, now do I? Unfortunately, the light colored violet glass doesn’t register well in this photo. It’s much prettier in person.
IMG_0396
Part of the problem is that my Adobe Photoshop Elements program is stonewalling me, and I had to use a poor substitute to edit it. Oh well, it’s always something….

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture