Friday, July 11, 2014

Now it’s just absurd.

giant-eyeball-386487_640Everyone has days, weeks (or more?) when it seems that Murphy’s Law has absconded with your life. The best laid plans don’t work out, mechanical things go on strike, normally self-sufficient areas of your life need intense attention. And sometimes your best efforts to rectify things only make them worse. At those times I guess all you can do is go sit in the corner and say “Fine. I’m letting go. I’ll be back in a couple of days.” (or weeks, as the case may be).

I’m so there.

My car has decided to disintegrate, apparently. It now has so much wrong with it that I think putting anymore major repairs into it is just throwing good money after bad. That’s a hell of a dilemma for someone who has a one way commute of an hour three times a week. While waiting at the repair shop for this delicious news, I tried to slip my phone into the side pocket of my purse and missed. It hit the floor from a distance of 6” or less and broke. For the second time in 7 months.

Meanwhile I’m trying to pack up the house, arrange a garage sale (we are downsizing and have to get rid of a lot!), find a new home for our dog, and manage a household move and vacation within the space of 10 days.

I may be AWOL for the next 6 weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture