Monday, November 10, 2014

No rest for the wicked.

By the end of this week I was so tired I wasn’t thinking straight – I failed to take photos, either of the progress I’ve made on the cardinal mosaic or of the people milling about the Studio Stroll, enjoying the art and refreshments and occasionally even buying some art. If you didn’t make it to the Studio Stroll this weekend, you missed a wonderful event. We couldn’t have asked for better weather, and at least in Riverview Station, the atmosphere was almost carnival-like.
I’m so pleased with our little corner of the River Arts District – nearly every week a new and exciting artist moves in, and those who are there are committed to promoting our building and letting people know what fascinating art lives inside. For example, this crow sculpture by the awesome Lois Steele lived there until yesterday, when he then moved to my home to keep my cats in line.
IMG_0266 (1)
As exhausting as it’s been to push through 3 major events in 10 days, I can’t rest now! I’ve got lots of plans in the development stage that I’m anxious to share with you, but right now I need to get busy with preparations for our next big event – the Holiday Market at Riverview Station. This is the first of what we hope will be an annual event. There will be a food truck on the premises (a little bird told me it will be El Kimchi), a Santa roaming the halls, and lots of open studios with great holiday gift options for you. So save the date – December 5 from 4 – 8 pm.
 IMG_0267

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture