Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Who knew it’d be so hard?

Ugh. It just gets harder with each passing year, doesn’t it? Take a little time off at my age, and your body says “Whoo hoo!!! Retirement! Nap time……wait, what? Back to work?!? *#&$&%”
That, in itself, I can deal with. This nasty chest cold, not so much. Today was supposed to be the day I got back in the studio and got my groove back. Instead I have taken two naps.
However, I never did show you the current progress on the still life I’m working on. I was really annoyed with myself for not finishing the grapes before the holidays (I was so freakin’ close!) but why get all bent out of shape over a silly arbitrary deadline, anyway, right?
jan2_15
It annoys the crap out of me that I couldn’t see the crookedness of the basket when there was nothing else on there yet – in fact, looking back at an old pic, I still don’t see it (maybe just a touch). I don’t know if I took the photo from an odd angle, or if there are some adjustments to be made. (I do know that I drew the basket rim lopsided and will fix that when I put the glass on it.)
Now if I could just stop coughing long enough to take a shower without drowning….

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture