Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Exhibit news and progress pic

I have been working on several things at once over the last couple of months, and while I’ve been working on my current mosaic, it’s been one of those “little bit here, little bit there” sort of things. The progress was so minimal each time that I didn’t bother posting pics because you’d probably think it looked the same as the last one.
Now I have a substantial bit done and I look up and behold – 3 weeks have gone by! Yikes. I haven’t been a slacker, exactly, I just have been focusing my efforts in too many directions at once.
At any rate, here is where I stand on the current piece:
march10
I had no intention of using red for the background, but I put in several square inches of the planned greenish tan and hated it. So all of that had to be scraped off and I started over with red. I do like it, but I’m not sure how it will look once grouted. I always hold my breath til it’s done.
I would be tickled pink to have the whole thing finished, grout and all, by Saturday afternoon. Hm. Maybe.
And in other news:
PetropoulosBellafioreBellafiore has been accepted into the juried exhibit Back to the Garden at Ciel Gallery in Charlotte, NC. The exhibit runs from Friday April 3 through April 24. The opening reception is Friday, April 3 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm at Ciel Gallery, 128 E. Park Ave, Charlotte, NC. Would love to see you there – they always put on a fine production!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture