Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Well Owl Be Damned

IMG_1016
This picture is one my son took while hiking in New Hampshire last week. I had been looking at pictures of sunsets and sunrises for several days while pondering my next mosaic, so this seemed fortuitous. I decided to use it as a basis, although I have several other photos to pull from as well.



After pulling together a composition from those photos, here’s what I ended up with:

IMG_0957
The substrate is 13” x 24”. So yes, I’m insane for attempting an owl on that scale.
IMG_0962

It’s too soon to tell if it will be ok or not, but I will say that I have just used the smallest piece of glass I have EVER cut. (Beads don’t count!) It’s 5mm x 3mm.






2 comments:

  1. Love the andamento of the owl's head. Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really i am impressed from this post....the person who created this post is a generous and knows how to keep the readers connected..thanks for sharing this with us found it informative and interesting. Looking forward for more updates..

    Mosaic tools

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture