Sunday, September 6, 2015

Happy Labor Day!

sept6

I’m pretty pleased with how the sky is coming along, although in this photo, the medium blues on the left are washed out by the lamp on that side of the table. I guess I was tired, I didn’t notice that in the photo until I got home.

The sky is taking longer than you might think. A) I have fewer days to spend in the studio now, and B) trying to keep a horizontal aspect to the sky without making it look like lots of straight lines, while also trying to shift colors on the diagonal is requiring a lot of trial and error. Lots of error, in fact.

I think next time I’m in the studio I’ll turn it upside down and go at the sky that way. It should help me disengage enough to make it go faster. Or that’s the theory, anyway!

So now I’m off to enjoy the company of family. Have a great Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be beautiful. Love the sky and the way it looks against the mountains.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture