Friday, July 15, 2016

Bookmark and Share

Wow, I've been gone from here a long time! Life has brought me a lot of things to engulf all my spare time in the last few months, so I have just been waiting, more or less patiently, to come up for air.

Since I last checked in here, I started a part time job (which I love, by the way) and bought a house. There is so much to do to get settled in a new home, especially when you have grand plans for the yard! I started a native stone patio for the back, with stone sourced from our own property. Of course, the mosaic artist in me won't settle for something regular (or even flat!). That will be finished by the fall, at least, hopefully sooner.




In the meantime, I started a new mosaic (pics to come), and will be taking my mosaics to a new gallery next month! (Exciting, huh?!?) The gallery is called ArtCurious, and will be housed in a beautiful old house on Boones Creek Rd in Jonesborough, TN. You may recognize it - it previously housed a gallery of artful pottery near the old trestle bridge. The official opening is September 1, but I'll have more information as the time gets closer.

But that's not all! In October I will be participating in the WNC Open Studios tour. It's modeled after an open studio tour held annually in Devon, UK. The studios will be open between October 1 and October 16, with each studio setting the particular hours they are available. Please visit their website to see the wonderful company I will be in and plan your visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture